From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Turetsky
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 3:33 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Evaluating quality of compression scheme?

Hi all,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster.  We are developing a somewhat
auditory-system based compression scheme for speech and audio and, in
addition to listening to the decompressed audio (naturally), we would like
to computationally evaluate the faithfulness of the compressed version to
the original.  Aside from SNR, are there any standard/community accepted
ways of evaluating audio that has undergone lossy compression?

Thanks in advance,
Rob