Postdoc position

Postdoctoral Position in Physiology and Biophysics of Mammalian Cochlea
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, UK
Applications are invited from PhDs with research training in physiology, neuroscience, physics or engineering to join an MRC funded research programme to study the physiology and biophysics of the mammalian cochlea. Our research is directed at exploiting genetically modified mice to explore the workings of the cochlea. Ideally, but not necessarily, the candidate will have previous experience of in vivo measurements and an interest in sensory physiology. Our aim is to develop the candidate's scientific strengths and to provide the essential training necessary to carry out the experiments and for further career development. Our group is one of four closely related research groups working on the biophysics, molecular biology, and development of the mammalian cochlea that constitute the Hearing Group at Sussex. This group has strong research collaborations and funding with laboratories in Europe and the USA. Starting salary: £ 30,594 per annum. This full-time post is available for 4.5 years.
Starting date: 1 January 2010 or soon thereafter.
Closing date for applications: 11 December 2009.
For informal enquiries and applications send your cover letter and CV to Andrei Lukashkin (a.lukashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx) or Ian Russell (i.j.russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Thank you for your attention.

Andrei Lukashkin
School of Life Sciences