Re: Modeling musical beginning

Hey, Thank you!

I'll try to get that book.

Scott Spiegelberg wrote:
Hi Pablo,

Look at David Cope's work with EMI (Electronic Musical Intelligence). He would create databases of scores in a particular genre, like Chopin Mazurkas, that EMI would use to create a new mazurka. With this case, and any case of composition, the starting pitch will depend a lot on the style of the composition. If it is a tonal piece in the style of the Classical period, it is likely to start on the tonic, mediant, or dominant. Romantic pieces often start on the dominant, leading tone, or supertonic as much as the tonic triad notes. And atonal pieces can start on any pitch.

Scott