Re: MFCC tutorial

Late response, but I just came across an ETSI standards document (ES 201 108) which describes the MFCC algorithm for use in phones. Very clear description, downloadable here:
http://pda.etsi.org/pda/home.asp?wki_id=3uj7cuJZpFLMTTNLWF9tr

Dan

James W. Beauchamp wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am looking for a journal or book reference that describes the
method of computing mel frequency cepstral coefficients (MFCCs)
from the ground up. Any pointers in that direction would be appreciated.

PDF files would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jim

James W. Beauchamp Professor Emeritus of Music and Electrical & Computer Engineering
email: jwbeauch@xxxxxxxx (also: jwbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
phone: +1-217-344-3307 (also: 217-333-3691)
WWW:  http://ems.music.uiuc.edu/beaucham

--
Dan Stowell
Centre for Digital Music