Re: On "learned" A/P, lattice / grid

Martin Braun wrote:
Pitch combinations do not just work through intervals, but through chroma and intervals. Well, chroma has always been on the dark side of the moon. That's why music theory did not get at it. The good thing is that good composers and musicians of all times, and irrespective of verbal AP, have made use of chroma memory - subconsciously.
Martin,

I can only understand you here to be suggesting that pitches have intrinsic, specific & perceptible qualities that are part of the makeup of, say, a tune that works. So, since melody is based partly on intrinsic pitch properties, people who enjoy music
necessarily must have some sort of AP. Have I misunderstood?

-- eliot