Date:    Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:25:07 -0500
From:    David Smith <smithd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Perception as memory ...

My experience is that tonal cognitive mapping can be very fast.=A0 Much faster than the changes indicated by "key changes" or even Shenkerian types of analysis which don't include memory length as a significant parameter.=A0=A0 Polyphonic music, for example, still "makes sense" even if the tonal center change on each beat....

Dave Smith
roughlight.com