Re: Huffman sequences

Thanks Henrik,
 do you know if they're accessible on line?
(Do you of implementations?)

Best

-a-

On Aug 20, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Henrik Møller wrote:

Hi Andrea

Huffman sequences are truncated impulse responses of all-pass sections.

In addition to Patterson and Green (1970), you may want to read their reference: D. A. Huffman, “The Generation of Impulse-Equivalent Pulse Trains,” IRE Trans. Inform. Technol., vol. IT-8, pp. S10-S16 (1962).

Regards,

Henrik

Henrik Møller
Professor

Section of Acoustics, Department of Electronic Systems
Aalborg University
Fredrik Bajers Vej 7 B5
DK-9220 Aalborg Ø, Denmark

Phone: +45 9940 8711 (direct)
Phone: +45 9940 8710 (section office)
Phone: +45 9940 9940 (switchboard)
Fax:   +45 9815 2144 (section office)

mailto:hm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (personal)
mailto:acoustics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (section office)
http://acoustics.aau.dk

Andrea Valle skrev:
Dear List,

I know Hufmann coding but I never heard of Hufmann sequences as audio signals. Now, I'm re-reading Moore citing Patterson and Green (1970) about Hufmann sequences discrimination task.
Could anyone share some info? (if possible, I'd like to resynthesize them for didactical purposes)

Thanks a lot

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino

- La Repubblica promuove lo sviluppo della cultura e la ricerca scientifica e tecnica.
- La Repubblica detta le norme generali sull'istruzione ed istituisce scuole statali per tutti gli ordini e gradi.
(Costituzione della Repubblica Italiana, art. 9 e 33