Re: Interpreting a negative d'

If you are convinced that your subject understood the task correctly,
I would try to rule out these possibilities:

- Was the negative d' simply a matter of insufficient sampling?
(i.e., you randomly got an answer that looked significant)  It would
take more trials to determine if this is a likely explanation.

- Was there, in fact, some difference between the 2 "same" signals
that the listener picked up on, and you were not aware of?  Depending
on your test setup, this could be an artifact of the system, and it
may have only been audible for that stimulus (and/or for that
listener).

Jon