From: "Christian Kaernbach" <auditorylist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: Af0 frequency difference limen

I suppose Jim is correct and we should always mention the f0 where the
DL was measured.

Your posts made me reread my paper, and indeed the DL were smaller than
0.5%. They were for complex tones 0.36% for F0=100Hz, and 0.19% for
F0=250Hz (cut frequency of the high pass 1 kHz, no low-pass masker).
This is in accordance with what has been reported in the literature.
Pure tone DL were much higher (0.43% for 250 Hz, 0.89% for 100 Hz). I
suppose that F0 frequencies below 1kHz are quite relevant to music so
that relatively high DLs (>0.1% for complex tones) should be taken into
account when dealing with music.

Best,
Chris

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Kaernbach
Allgemeine Psychologie

Visit Pipex Business: The homepage for UK Small Businesses

Go to http://www.pipex.co.uk/business-services