Re: very long mp3 files

Hi -

Maybe you have already tried mp3splt?
http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/

Not tried it with days-long audio, but it has been handy in a number of situations, because it performs the split without any transcoding.

HTH
Dan

Peter van Hengel wrote:
Dear list,

We are looking for a way to split very long MP3 recordings (several
hours up to several days!) into smaller parts and/or convert them to
wav-format. We have tried various MP3-to-wav converters, but they all
hang themselves on these long recordings. The way we solve the problem
now is to use one PC as MP3 player, and take the sound output of that as
input for a second PC, which then makes shorter recordings in
wav-format. It works, but the solution is far from ideal.

Is there anyone who has any experience with this or suggestions?

All the best,
Peter van Hengel

--
Dan Stowell