Re: spectral shape + perceptual distance

Hi Andy,

A paper co-authored by my colleagues and me used naturally recorded IEEE sentences with different stretching ratios on the spectral envelope, yet the stimuli were constrained to maintain the same pitch, talking speed and temporal modulation depth. Such speech materials were used to investigate the speech perception in cochlear implant users. Here is the paper:

Liu, C., Galvin, J, Fu, Q.-J., and Narayanan, S. (2008)."Effect of spectral normalization on different talker speech recognition by cochlear implant users", J Acoust Soc Am. 123(5),  2836-2847.

Best,
Chuping