benchmark systems for MIR

Title: benchmark systems for MIR

Hello all!

A novice question ;-)

After designing one’s music information retrieval system how do one measure the performance of one’s system?
Do you compare the performance with some existing benchmark systems? If yes, how could I get access to those benchmark systems?

For example, if I’ve designed an audio fingerprinting system, with whom should I compare? Similarly, with whom should I compare my genre classification or mood extraction algorithm?

It would be really great if I could get such a list ;-)

Best Regards,
~Arijit

**Disclaimer**
The sender of this email is NOT authorized to represent or act on behalf of Nanyang Technological
University in any matter or transaction by means of using this email account.

Nanyang Technological University will not be responsible for any content or views expressed in this
email and this email does not express the views or opinions of the Nanyang Technological University.