Re: Reverberation Calculation/Modelling

Dear John,

we have also done some work in this topic.
Niessen, M.E., Krijnders, J.D., Boers, J., Andringa, T.C. (2007). Assessing the reverberation level in speech. Proceedings of ICA 2007, CAS-03-020.
http://www.ai.rug.nl/research/acg/pubs/Niessen07.pdf

Regards,

Tjeerd

DeLiang Wang wrote:
John,

If I understand you, we have published a paper on a related topic:

Wu M. and Wang D.L. (2006): A pitch-based method for the estimation of short reverberation time <http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/%7Edwang/papers/Wu-Wang.acustica06.pdf>. Acta Acustica united with Acustica, vol. 92, pp. 337-339.

Cheers,
DeLiang

John Spencer wrote:

Dear List,

Im looking for some advice/help in relation to measuring or determining the amount of reverberation in a speech or audio signal. Ive been trying to see if there is any literature on this but I cannot find any way of measuring the amount of reverberation in a signal. Are there any mathematical models that can be used to calculate a "value" for revereration when given a speech/audio segment?

Also, I would intersted in finding out if there is a way of comparing two identical signals recorded in two different rroms to determine the revereration differences.

I don't suspect that much has been done in this area but thanks to anyone who can help me with information or advice.

John