From: Warren Brodsky <wbrodsky@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: Musician's IQ (drummers)
To: al.bregman@xxxxxxxxx

Dear Al,

For some reason the master wont let me post this on the list.  Perhaps
you can share it for me.

--------------------------

Dear List,

I you are interested on reading notation (inner hearing) among
drummers (Experiment 3), and then a discussion about differences
between groups of instrumentalists (pianists for example) versus
drummers, see our recent paper.

Brodsky, W., Kessler, Y., Rubinstein, B. S., Ginsborg, J., and Henik, A. (2008).
The mental representation of music notation: notational audiation.
Journal Of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance, 34, 427-445.

Warren

Warren Brodsky, BMus, DipMusEd, MCAT, PhD
Director, Music Science Research; Coordinator, Division of Music & Art
Department of the Arts, Room 211, Helen Diller Family Center
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, POBox 653, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
office: 08-6461443; cel: 0544-701811; e-mail: wbrodsky@xxxxxxxxx
http://cmsprod.bgu.ac.il/humsos/departments/art/staff/Warren.htm
‎

Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Psychology Department, McGill University
1205 Docteur Penfield Avenue
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1B1.
Office: Phone: (514) 398-6103
 Fax: (514) 398-4896