Re: examples of natural sound displays

Dear Milena, and list,

Jean-Julien's reply reminded me of the life in Japan! Actually, many of us don't even hang a furin in winter, saying it sounds too cold. (I am waiting for a bit warmer weather to hang my furin in Bay area myself.) It is strange that here in the U.S., I've never heard of seasonal use of wind chimes.

The other example from Japan is Shishi-Odoshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shishi_odoshi ) The wikipedia entry talk mainly about deer repelling function, but it is more like a beautiful accent both in audio and visual.

 - hiroko