Losing AP and Sachs, and ASA

On page 123 of Musicophilia, Oliver Sachs writes of his patient Frank V who loses his AP after the rupture of an aneurysm. There is also earlier in the book the description of a person who loses much of the ability to integrate sound, being left with high levels of streaming (only). I am quite surprised that he appears not to have any references to ASA, auditory scene analysis or Bregman. In a previous book Sachs describes 'side-blindedness', a condition where some things simply aren't "seen" when they are in certain locations. I understand that Musicophilia is a laypersons' introduction, but feel there is a referential laguna which would provide much context were it to be in this book.

Best

Kevin