PhD position in the Empirical study of social embodied music interaction

Title: PhD position in the Empirical study of social embodied music interaction

++Apologies for multiple postings++

Ghent University: PhD studentship in the "Empirical study of social embodied music interaction"

We are currently recruiting a PhD student to join our research team at IPEM, department of musicology, Ghent University. The successful applicant will join our team in studying social embodied music interaction.

The ideal candidate should have obtained a MA degree in musicology, psychology, sociology or related disciplines, with skills in experimental design and computational methods. Applicants with interests in music, motor control, body movement and social interaction patterns are encouraged to apply.

If you or anyone you know is interested in joining the IPEM research team please review the description or contact me with any questions. For more detailed information see: http://www.ipem.ugent.be/2008METHUSALEM/PhDPosition_20080420.pdf

With kind regards,

Micheline Lesaffre

IPEM - dept. of Musicology

Ghent University