Acoustic Engineer Job Opening - Logitech

Greetings List!

I want to bring to the attention of the list that Logitech has an opening for an Acoustic Engineer. The location for this position is at Logitech Audio Labs in Vancouver, WA USA. If you or anyone you know is interested in joining a small and passionate team of Acoustic Engineers to develop innovative electro-acoustic solutions for the consumer market, please review the attached description and contact me with any questions.

Cheers!

-Michael

| Michael Howes | Senior Systems Engineer - Acoustics | Logitech Audio Labs | desk: 360.944.3749 |

(See attached file: Acoustical_Systems_Engineer_Logitech.doc)

The opportunity:

Logitech has an opening for an Acoustical Systems Engineer. The primary focus of this position is to design loudspeakers for the personal computer and digital music (iPod/iPhone) categories. However, depending on the candidateâs personal interests and skill-sets they may also work on headphone design.

As an acoustical systems engineer you will create innovative technology, apply technical skills to solve complex problems, and take loudspeaker designs from concept to production.

Create innovative technology

In this position you will develop innovative acoustical technologies and mature them for use in consumer electronics. The focus will be on applied research, where new technology will be incorporated into products in the near term.

Apply technical skills to solve complex problems

As a systems engineer you will design acoustical systems (loudspeakers), create models and simulations, build and test prototypes, and validate acoustical systems. As part of the systems design, you will also specify audio transducers and verify their performance.

Take loudspeaker designs from concept to production

Inter-departmental collaboration is an important part of product design. In this role, you will interact with Marketing Managers, Industrial Designers, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Manufacturers to define, engineer, and manufacture audio products.

The ideal candidate:

The ideal candidate should possess a good work ethic, be a fast learner, and have a passion for Audio and Music. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to excel in a fast paced team environment are a must.

Logitech will consider both recent graduates and experienced professionals for this position. The roles and responsibilities will scale with experience.

Minimum qualifications for recent graduates:

Bachelorâs degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.

Desired skills and qualifications for experienced candidates:

How to Apply:

Please send your resume or curriculum vitae to Jason_Riggs@xxxxxxxxxxxx and include the words âAcoustical Systems Engineerâ in the e-mail subject heading.

Posted mail can also be sent to: Logitech Audio Group

The company:

Logitech is an international market leader in human interface devices and software that link people to digital information and the Internet, enabling them to work, play, learn and communicate more effectively in the digital world. The Company's products combine essential core technologies, continuing innovation, award-winning industrial design and excellent price performance. Logitech's family of personal peripherals includes webcams, mice, trackballs, keyboards, speakers, headsets, headphones, interactive gaming devices, streaming-music solutions and advanced universal remote controls. At present, the company employs more than 7,400 people worldwide. Logitech is a member of the NASDAQ 100 and trades under the symbol: LOGI. Visit www.logitech.com to learn more.

The team:

The Acoustics Department is located in Logitechâs Audio Business Unit in Vancouver, Washington, which is a suburb of Portland, Oregon. The Audio Unit business has sustained tremendous revenue growth for Logitech, growing from 75 to 500 million dollars in the last 7 years. Our continued growth presents great opportunity within our team.

The Acoustics group is composed of a passionate group of Engineers and Scientists who are excited about designing audio products with innovative technology that deliver great value to our customers. The members of the Acoustics group are well respected both within and outside of the organization for their expertise in applied acoustics, and have numerous publications, and patents among them. They have varied backgrounds including Physics, Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science and work in a collaborative fashion to solve problems, innovate, and create exciting products.