Date:    Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:35:02 +0000
From:    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Ignacio_Alc=E1ntara?= <jia10@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Congenital muteness and speech perception skills

--Apple-Mail-4-394719690

Dear List Members,

I've been trawling over the existing literature on auditory (sensory) =20=

versus motor theories of speech perception, and have surprisingly not =20=

seen very much in the way of studies on the effect of congenital =20
muteness but preserved hearing and the development of speech =20
perception skills.  This seems a good test of the validity of the =20
motor theory to my mind.  I would be most grateful to any pointers of =20=

relevant studies conducted that I may have missed.

Many thanks in advance.

Jose

_______________________________________

JosE Ignacio Alc=E1ntara, M.A., Ph.D.

University Lecturer
Department of Experimental Psychology
University of Cambridge
Downing Street
Cambridge CB2 3EB

Fellow and Tutor,
Director of Studies in Natural Sciences (Biological)
Fitzwilliam College
Storey's Way
Cambridge CB3 0DG

Phone:	44 (0)1223 764412 (Department)