Re: Most apical inner hair cell

Dear Robert and the list,

I am not aware of any such papers that I have come across so far.
Others may be aware.

I am aware that hair cells in humans are not frequency selective... read
a review by Kros I think it is called "tuning in to the hair cell" or
something like that from circa 2006.

For that reason you are most likely searching for the mechanical tuning
... however I have two warnings for you :
a] Passive mechanical tuning models will give you a rough idea.
b] Active mechanical tuning models are most likely more accurate.

Oh yes - let me add one more ... if you want to be extremely accurate
about that figure be careful not to fall into the abyss of a new
research topic ... it has been known to happen to others !!!

If you do happen to fall into the abyss, let me turn on a light which is
most likely at the end of a difficult and long tunnel ... traditional
models of active mechanics alter Bekesy's passive travelling wave type
of models. These models are concerned with pressure difference ... now
if the last hair cell is close to the helicotrema, you will have a
unique pressure difference !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicotrema

Matt

--

 ,dPYb,,dPYb,            I8
 IP'`YbIP'`Yb            I8        http://www.flatmaxstudios.com/
 I8  8II8  8I         88888888     http://www.flatmax.org
 I8  8'I8  8'            I8
 I8 dP I8 dP   ,gggg,gg  I8   ,ggg,,ggg,,ggg,    ,gggg,gg    ,gg,   ,gg
 I8dP  I8dP   dP"  "Y8I  I8  ,8" "8P" "8P" "8,  dP"  "Y8I   d8""8b,dP"
 I8P   I8P   i8'    ,8I ,I8, I8   8I   8I   8I i8'    ,8I  dP   ,88"
,d8b,_,d8b,_,d8,   ,d8b,d88b,dP   8I   8I   Yb,d8,   ,d8b,dP  ,dP"Y8,
PI8"888P'"Y8P"Y8888P"`Y8P""Y8P'   8I   8I   `YP"Y8888P"`Y8"  dP"   "Y8
 I8 `8,
 I8  `8,
 I8   8I  Public Projects :
 I8   8I  http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=mffm