Faculty position at Colorado

List,

  The Physiology and Biophysics Department at the University of Colorado Medical School has an opening for a faculty position.  Although the research topic is open, we would be particularly interested in investigators doing auditory research from a molecular, cellular, or systems neuroscience perspective.  We are focusing on junior-level candidates (e.g., assistant professor), however we would consider exceptionally-qualified mid-level candidates (associate professor).  Note that we will begin to consider applications on Jan 15, 2008.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the position, the department, and/or the university.

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD

Assistant Professor

University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Department of Physiology and Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307

Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7120

12800 East 19th Ave

PO Box 6511

Aurora, CO 80045

 http://www.uchsc.edu/physiology/faculty/tollin.htm

Tel:  303-724-0625

Fax: 303-724-4501

University of Colorado

School of Medicine

Anschutz Medical Campus

Department of Physiology and Biophysics

                                                                                                                                                FACULTY POSITION

The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine invites applications for a tenure-eligible faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the areas of molecular, cellular, or systems neuroscience. We are particularly interested in candidates who explore physiological mechanisms using innovative techniques in electrophysiology, biophysics, photonics, and/or bioengineering. We expect the appointee to conduct vigorous independent research and participate in professional and graduate training.

The new appointee will be part of an actively expanding Department (http://www.uchsc.edu/physiology/). We recently moved to a new state-of-the-art research facility at the Anschutz Medical Campus (http://www.uchsc.edu/anschutzmedicalcampus/) and will appoint up to three new faculty members over the next three years. Current faculty in the Department have research programs in systems neuroscience, sensory physiology, developmental neurobiology, synaptic function, cell signaling, ion transport and channel biology, and endocrine and reproductive physiology. We especially encourage candidates with research interests that complement and extend existing research in the Department to apply. Additional scientific interactions occur within the interdepartmental programs: Neuroscience; Cell, Stem Cell, and Developmental Biology; Reproductive Science; Molecular Biology; Biomolecular Structure; Cancer Biology; and Immunology. Many of these programs have associated core facilities. For example, the Neuroscience Program provides its members with core facilities in light and electron microscopy, and mouse and zebrafish gene manipulation technologies (http://www.uchsc.edu/neuroscience/). Opportunities also exist for interactions with the downtown campus of University of Colorado Denver.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree and appropriate and sufficient post-doctoral research experience to establish an independent research program and obtain funding. We will begin to consider applications on January 15, 2008. The appointment may begin as early as Fall 2008.

The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/.

Applicants should apply through the electronic job application website at the University of Colorado: www.jobsatcu.com. The preferred browser is Internet Explorer. Applicants must include:

1) A cover letter addressed to:

Chair, Faculty Search Committee

Department of Physiology and Biophysics

University of Colorado School of Medicine

2) A current Curriculum Vitae

3) The names of at least three references

4) A 1-2 page statement of research interests

Questions should be directed to Becky.McGowan@xxxxxxxxx.

The University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment.

The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.