Ph.D. positions in auditory perception and cognition

Dear Auditory List,

I would like to announce openings for graduate assistantships in Experimental Psychology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Of relevance to this list is the possibility of gaining admission to this Ph.D. program to study human auditory perception and cognition with myself and/or Erin Hannon. We have facilities supporting adult psychophysics (perceptual judgment, sensory-motor synchronization), adult electrophysiology (high-density EEG recordings), and infant psychophysics (looking time and head turn procedures). Particular areas of research we are pursuing include auditory scene analysis, rhythm perception and production, parallels between music and speech, effects of culture and development on music perception, and auditory dysfunction in schizophrenia. For further information about our research, please see http://psychology.unlv.edu/html/snyder.html and http://psychology.unlv.edu/html/hannon.html or contact us directly by email (joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx or erin.hannon@xxxxxxxx) with any specific questions.

The Experimental Psychology Ph.D. Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas has two emphasis areas, General Experimental Psychology and Cognitive Psychology. Our faculty specialize in the areas of perception and cognition, behavioral and cognitive neuroscience, quantitative methods, social psychology, child development, aging, health psychology, human factors, psychopharmacology, and mathematical cognition. The application deadline is January 15. Please visit our web site at http://psychology.unlv.edu/ for information on applying. If you have any general questions about applying, please contact Angeline Garbett in the Department of Psychology at (702) 895-0176 or via e-mail (psyunlv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Sincerely,

Joel S. Snyder, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology