Re: Cochlea Amplifier models : a new list

Dear Reinhart and list,

In a manner similar to Martin, Richard and others, I will go through the
examples you have pointed out.

I also am unsure of what these points are leading to. I am very
interested to hear your conclusion.

Results pointed out by Reinhart:
1) I can confirm that you are pointing out two peaks. I am not sure
   about the particulars of the experiment - how visualisation was
   accomplished. I assume that the animal was alive and sedated. The
   locations pointed out using your assumptions are that :
   a] Active peak in an apical location to the passive peak
   b] Passive peak in basal location to active peak.

2) I can not get this reference currently. Normally Ren's papers are
   about delay. Ren's other papers have continuity in that they point
   out delays are normally as fast or faster then the travelling wave
   delay for OAEs. For this reason, Ren points out that active processes
   are too quick to maintain the active travelling wave hypothesis. We
   have known this point since the eighties and it should now be common
   knowledge.

3) I can confirm that in the dead animal, the RL responds in a resonant
   manner below the BM frequency at the same point of reference.
   The interpretation is that the RL is tuned more then an octave below
   the BM at the same tonotopic location.

4) I can see the projected negative damping which is calculated using
   inverse techniques. I trust your interpretation of this image which
   is "the distance between active and passive peaks is 1.4 mm and so
       corresponds to half an octave."
   I would like to point out that inverse solutions are numerical
   interpretations. Guiding numerical points of view if you will.
   You further reference high level perception of pitch "a
   perceived-pitch difference much smaller that half an octave"

I trust that I have not mislead the readers and am repeating your train
of thought as confirmation for the list.

Matt

--

 ,dPYb,,dPYb,            I8
 IP'`YbIP'`Yb            I8        http://www.flatmaxstudios.com/
 I8  8II8  8I         88888888     http://www.flatmax.org
 I8  8'I8  8'            I8
 I8 dP I8 dP   ,gggg,gg  I8   ,ggg,,ggg,,ggg,    ,gggg,gg    ,gg,   ,gg
 I8dP  I8dP   dP"  "Y8I  I8  ,8" "8P" "8P" "8,  dP"  "Y8I   d8""8b,dP"
 I8P   I8P   i8'    ,8I ,I8, I8   8I   8I   8I i8'    ,8I  dP   ,88"
,d8b,_,d8b,_,d8,   ,d8b,d88b,dP   8I   8I   Yb,d8,   ,d8b,dP  ,dP"Y8,
PI8"888P'"Y8P"Y8888P"`Y8P""Y8P'   8I   8I   `YP"Y8888P"`Y8"  dP"   "Y8
 I8 `8,
 I8  `8,
 I8   8I  Public Projects :
 I8   8I  http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=mffm