Re: Absolute pitch discussion

Although I have to be modest in my claims, not being an expert in pitch, I find AP actually not such a special phenomenon. Although we could agree in dividing the phenomenon in degrees, or levels of preciseness on a more continuous scale, in the end we have to also see that Relative Pitch is far more special. While we might share AP with some animals, RP is far less common, arguably making AP in humans less special.

hh