entrainment dynamics in auditory research and clinical measurements

Greetings,

I am curious what studies there are concerning the role of rhythmic entrainment in auditory science research and clinical practice. I'm aware of some studies involving children with autism, but wondering if it might extend elsewhere in the field and in a more fundamental way? Specifically, for example, in regards to assessments of "hearing" (reception, processing) ability as distinguished from "listening" (reception, processing, USE)ability.

It would seem to me that entrainment dynamics would offer a theoretical platform for yielding methods of measurement with less focus on the stimulus per se, and more focus, for example, on temporal series and patterns derived from interactive dynamics (between communicative persons, between the subject and a responsive stimulus). And that... we might learn alot.

Any thoughts, referrals? Thanks,

Matt Marble

Sr. Research Assistant, National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR) @ Portland VAMC.

applications intersecting music cognition and ethnography can be found here:

http://sica.stanford.edu/events/brainwaves/Will-InTimeWithTheMusic.pdf

Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.  Claim your treat today!