Re: Help with alignment tool for speech database

> Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:11:03 -0400
> From: xinhui zhou <zxinhui@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am interested in some automatic or semiautomatic alignment tool for
> a speech database, X-ray Microbeam Production database (XRMB-SPD).
>
> We have the speech signal and also the transcripts, and would like to
> put phonetic labels aligned with the speech signal.

Have a look at the VoxForge document called "Automated Audio Segmentation Using Forced Alignment (Draft)" which can be found at http://www.voxforge.org/home/dev/autoaudioseg.   It is a step by step guide to doing what you want, but you do have to install quite a few packages (Linux/cygwin).

Tony

--
Dr Tony Robinson
CEO Cantab Research Ltd