Re: USB Audio

I just went through some major headaches with USB
audio interfaces.  The short of it is to be careful of
hardware conflicts when choosing your interface - the
manufacturer may have some documentation on it.  None
of them seem as reliable as they could be.

The US-122 works well, but is flimsy. I had problems
with M-Audio interfaces and hardware conflicts.  I had
the (Mackie) Tapco Link.USB which was very reliable
but the headphone sound quality was a little harsh in
the upper frequencies.  I finally bit the bullet and
got a digidesign mbox.  If you can find a used mbox 1
by itself, those are very reliable and have low
latency. The newer mbox's are nice but more $ since
they are bundled with pro tools.

The other USB interface I would seriously look into is
the Emu 0404. Emu makes some damn good D/A converters.
It's around the $200 mark.

Farsheed

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.