Job at CNBH in Cambridge

Post-Doctoral Research Associate -
Centre for the Neural Basis of Hearing
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience
Vacancy Reference No: PM01477  Salary: £24,402-£31,840

Limit of tenure applies*

Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate at the Centre for the Neural Basis of Hearing, which is embedded in the Department of PDN. The CNBH does research on the robustness of speech and music perception in multi-source environments using perceptual experiments (psychophysics), computational auditory modelling (aim-mat), and brain imaging (fMRI and MEG). Publications with recent examples of our research and further information are listed on our web site,
http://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/groups/cnbh/

We currently have two years' funding for a post-doctoral researcher to work on 'estimating vocal-tract length in continuous speech' and 'the role of vocal-tract-length tracking in speech recognition'.

The post is available from 1 July 2007; starting salary will depend on qualifications and experience.

Applicants should have an interest in auditory perception and a background in auditory processing, speech processing, and/or auditory brain imaging, with the relevant computational expertise. Applicants should have, or expect to soon have, a PhD, or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (physical or natural sciences).

Informal enquiries to Dr Roy D Patterson: Email: rdp1@xxxxxxxxx, Tel: +44 1223 333819.

Applications should include a CV and the names of 2 referees.

Send by email to rdp1@xxxxxxxxx, or post to:

Dr Roy Patterson, Centre for the Neural Basis of Hearing, Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EG, U.K.

* Limit of tenure: 24 months

Closing date: 10 April 2007.

The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.

--
* ** *** * ** *** * ** *** * ** *** * ** *** *
Roy D. Patterson
Centre for the Neural Basis of Hearing
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience
University of Cambridge
Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EG

http://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/cnbh/
phone: +44 (1223) 333819 office