looking for literature on human error correction

Dear List,

I'm looking for literature on experiments that attempt to measure the
error correcting capabilities of humans based on linguistic context. I
mean a kind of experiment that measures the "word error rate" of human
subjects as a function of the number of typos (in the case of text) or
phone errors (in the case of speech). I think that somebody must have done
such experiments, but I couldn't find anything (quite probably because
I've failed to figure out the proper search keywords...).
Thanks,

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *