Re: Musical vs everyday listening --- an illustrative example

Ah... - "noise" = sound that I don't want. (usually other people's sounds)
regards

>>> Kevin Austin <kevin.austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/01/2007 16:14 >>>
Hmmm ...

Maybe we're headed for the discussion about the [multiple]
definitions of noise. Why not! The example I use is:

At three o'clock in the morning, the wailing siren of an ambulance
outside my bedroom window -- the same one I listened to in Varese
just three hours previously, is noise. Unless I am lying unconscious
on the floor.

Best wishes

Kevin