Re: introductory reading on auditory perception

Hello Erin,

You might have a look at the "Auditory Demonstrations" CD, which can be ordered from the Acoustical Society of America (ASA). This CD contains a lot of demonstrations on auditory perception, including a booklet with explanations and a literature list for further reading (if necessary...)

Regards,

Wil Wagenaars
Philips CE - iLab Louvain
Belgium

"Erin E. Hannon" <ehannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:
AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please respond to
"Erin E. Hannon" <ehannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
introductory reading on auditory perception
Classification

Dear Colleagues,
I was hoping someone might be able to recommend readings to me. I need to find some good chapters and/or review papers that would be appropriate for a one-shot introduction to auditory perception in a seminar of graduate student who specialize in other areas (i.e., vision, memory, language). Most readings I've thought of are too long, too specialized, or too old. I thought I'd see if anyone on the list has better suggestions.
Thanks very much!
Erin.