Re: introductory reading on auditory perception

At the risk of self promotion. Fundamentals of Hearing: An Introduction (5th Edition), Elsevier Press, has just come out and about half the book is on sensation and perception.

William A. Yost, PhD
Professor of Psychology
Parmly Hearing Institute
Loyola University Chicago
6525 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60201
Office: 773-508-2713
Fax: 773-508-2719
wyost@xxxxxxx
www.parmly.luc.edu

>>> Ingrid Johnsrude <ij4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/11/2007 11:31:12 AM >>>
Hi Erin,

I use chapters out of Chris Plack's book 'The Sense of Hearing'.
(Lawrence Erlbaum) for precisely this. The book is short, engagingly
written, accurate, and up to date -- published 2005. Its also softcover,
so reasonably inexpensive and practical for students to buy.

Ingrid

--
Ingrid Johnsrude, PhD
Canada Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience

Tel: 1 613 533 6009
Fax: 1 613 533 2499
e-mail: Ingrid.johnsrude@xxxxxxxxxx
http://psyc.queensu.ca/faculty/johnsrude