Re: sometimes behave so strangely

Yes, any music, including 4'33", will play in any background noise. However,
just as with any cocktail-party situation, the crucial point is to make the
SNR acceptable. So, I am willing to listen to 4'33" in background noise as
long as the relative level of the interfering sounds is not higher than that
of the 4;33" silence.

Pierre