Removing transients in rejoined speech files

This is a thrd posting since my original was
rejected because of an old email addrrss

I am looking for a MatLab function to remove clicks
from an acoustic signal.  I wish to edit out a portion
of a speech signal and then rejoin the remaining
components.  However, playing it back reveals either
clicks or obvious ?stuttering? type of sound which are
obviously transients.  I have tried looking for zero
crossings and making the cuts at these points, but
there is still the interference.

Any help would be appreciated

Allan