Loudness perception

Hi All,
I know there are decades of loudness research out there and am hoping for a point in the right direction. I am interested in our ability to perceive a binaural "imbalance". I am looking for papers that discuss the JND in level between ears, for a broadband sound (speech in noise) that leads to a perception of unbalanced loudness when the binaural signal is presented (not monaural loudness balance). I have looked at papers discussing the JND for lateralization of sounds, which is relevant, but I am not sure this gets at the same perceptual effect. It is not clear to me that discriminating a difference in perceptual space within the head (lateralization task) would correspond to a perceived "imbalance" of loudness. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Ben Hornsby