Re: making a sound unrecognizable

Ursula,

You can try some vocoder processed sounds with different spectral
resolution.  You can hear some samples here
http://www.rushu.rush.edu/cds/arl/DEMOS/CIwebdemo/

AS far as making hybrid sounds with the spectrum of one and the envelope of
another, I think Brian Gygi did some research with environmental sounds
along those lines a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Valeriy

Valeriy Shafiro
Communication Disorders and Sciences