Re: measuring output volume from headphones -- follow-up

I've used the QuickMix (freeware) program in our experimental setups to
ensure that the mixer is set the same way each time before we run a
subject--it will store/recall/apply a specific set of audio mixer
settings.

http://www.ptpart.co.uk/quickmix/

I use it as follows:  I first performing a calibration of the entire
sound delivery chain, then I run Quick mix to capture the Windows audio
mixer settings.  Then I run QuickMix again before subject testing to
re-apply the saved settings.

If you need to integrate this feature into your software, it is also
available as a component for approx. $40.

John Wygonski
House Ear Institute
Engineering Services