Re: measuring output volume from headphones -- follow-up

This might do what you need - it seems to have numerical windows & command line options: http://www.actualsolution.com/volume_lock/

-----Original Message-----
From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robbin Miranda
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:50 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: measuring output volume from headphones -- follow-up

Thank you to those of you who responded to my previous question.  Your
comments were extremely helpful!  Using a dummy head or coupler seems
like a feasible option for the initial set-up of our two testing
locations (we will be using the same type of headphones at each
location).  However, I would also like to be able to quickly check the
volume just prior to testing each participant (in case another user
adjusts the computer's volume settings).  On my computer (Windows XP),
all I have been able to find, even in the advanced settings, are
scrollbars indicating the volume level.  Is there any way to
check/adjust numerical values of the volume setting?

Thanks again,
Robbin

Robbin Miranda
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience
Georgetown University
3900 Reservoir Rd., NW
Washington DC 20007
(202) 687-8449