Re: music mood

Hola Luis,

Tal vez puedas usar 'standard' software (praat, xwaves) y calcular los parametros acusticos pertinentes (f0, intensidad, spectral envelope).
Conoces la referencia:

Huron, D., Kinney, D. & Precoda, K. (2000). Relation of pitch height to perception of dominance/submissiveness in musical passages.

Saludos,
Heriberto

'Life is short but wide'

Heriberto Avelino
Department of Linguistics
1203 Dwinelle Hall,
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2650
Phone: (510) 642-2757
Fax: (510) 643-5688
http://www.linguistics.berkeley.edu/~avelino/

Luis Diez wrote:
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post to this list, I hope this issue hasn't been spoken about in the past, although it didn't show up in a search of the archives. My name is Luis Diez, I am a doctoral student in the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain) in the economics department.
I am looking for models or software to analyze music and somehow 'calculate' a measure of its' mood (maybe following Thayer's model?).
Would anybody happen to know whether this exists?
Thanks in advance,
Luis