Re: male and female glottal wave phase

Particularly PhD work by Helen Hanson.

@PHDTHESIS{hanson1995,
 AUTHOR =       {Hanson, Helen. M.},
 TITLE =        {Glottal characteristics of female speakers},
 SCHOOL =       {Harvard University, MA},
 YEAR =         {1995}}

@article{hanson2001,
Author = {Hanson, Helen M. and Stevens, Kenneth N. and Kuo, Hong-Kwang Jeff and Chen, Marilyn Y. and Slifka, Janet},
Title = {Towards models of phonation},
Journal = {Journal of Phonetics},
Volume = {29},
Pages = {451-480},
Year = {2001} }

Heriberto Avelino wrote:
Hi,

You might want to see the work at the SPEECH COMMUNICATION GROUP, MIT. Particularly, work done by Hanson, Stevens and Slifka.

http://www.rle.mit.edu/speech/

Best wishes,

Heriberto

********************************************** 'Life is short but wide'

Heriberto Avelino
Department of Linguistics
1203 Dwinelle Hall,
University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2650
Phone: (510) 642-2757
Fax: (510) 643-5688
http://www.linguistics.berkeley.edu/~avelino/

Fred Herzfeld wrote:
Hello List,

I am developing a new signal decomposition method and am interested in following up on the work reported in:
Study of variations in the male and female glottal wave
* R.B. Monsen; A.M. Engebretson
JASA 1977 62(4) 961-993

Figure 8 in the above paper distinctly shows the phase relation between the first and second harmonics of the glottal wave. What about the phase of the higher harmonics which form the formants?

Any pointers to literature or unpublished work would be very useful to me.

Thanks,

Fred

Indranil Dutta
PhD Candidate