Re: Pole-zero estimation from complex cepstrum

Hi Mark,

The equation that I am talking about goes like this:
if v[n] = signal, V(z) = z transform of v[n] = N(z)/D(z),
Vhat(z) = log V(z)
then,

-z*d(Vhat(z))     -z*V'(z)    -z*(N'(z)*D(z) - N(z)*D'(z))
     dz		     V(z)		N(z)*D(z)

-z*d(Vhat(z))   ifft
     dz

Therefore, the poles and zeros of v[n] become the pole of n*vhat[n].

The problem is that when I try to implement it in MATLAB it becomes unstable and gives some junk output. So, I wanted to find a more detailed reference for it (since this is all I know about it), and if possible a working code which can achieve this.

With warm regards,
Tarun