how to remove the noise after A/D converter by using digital signal processing methods

Dear Experts and Friends,
     I wish to get your advice how to remove the
highly audible noise after A/D converter. My
understanding is that three stages (microphone, analog
amplifier and A/D converter itself)  might contribute
the noise.
     However, I can not to do anything about the noise
in these three stages (because there have been fixed).
 Your every advise and information how to remove the
noise by using some digital signal processing methods
such as digital filtering is highly appreciated.
      Thank you for your time and help.

     Wolfgang Lau