Re: Helping Apple get iPod hearing protection right

On Mar 29, 2006, at 11:36 PM, Toth Laszlo wrote:
	Apple released a software update
today for iPods, that lets users set a
maximum dB level for the device, and
lets parents lockdown the maximum dB level
of their children's iPod with a combination
lock.

I know it's not "auditory", but the legal considerations really sound
interesting to me. Do parents have the right to do that in a country like
the USA??

I am neither a lawyer or a parent, and thereby
unqualified to answer :-).

So I leave this question for someone who is
at least one of those :-).

Probably best handled by direct replies to Toth,
its the sort of topic that could take on a
multi-week life of its own if discussed on-list.

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---