Re: Helping Apple get iPod hearing protection right

Laszlo,

I have no specific knowledge of the law, but I am a parent
of a child in the USA with an IPod ...

It is inconceivable to me that there would be any legal
impediment in the USA to a parent utilizing a "volume lock"
to protect their child's hearing (assuming that said child
is under 18 years of age).  In fact, the governement
has gone to considerable effort to support a "V-Chip"
in televisions to allow more parental control over
viewing choices made by their children.

>From a practical standpoint, I reckon it is much more
likely that the children will "outsmart" the parents
and develop methods of defeating the volume lock ...

Best regards, Scott.