underwater listening

Quoting AUDITORY automatic digest system <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Date:    Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:20:13 +0000
From:    Andre Castro <andre_castro83@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Although that has not been an easy job, recording in pools
ponds and small rivers, using homemade hydrophones both with piezzo
transducers and dynamic mics. However results have been quite stimulating=
to=20
the work.

Dear Andre,

Although I have never tried it myself, I have heard from a few Hollywood sound designers that the Electrovoice 635ND (http://www.electrovoice.com/Electrovoice3/products.nsf/pages/635ND-) covered by a plastic bag and a couple of elastics makes a decent affordable hydrophone.

Just another option for you!

Best Wishes,

--
Kent Walker McGill University Ph.D. Candidate
Sound Recording Program