impedance demonstrations

Hello list - In my undergraduate introduction to audiology course, I do
one lecture on tympanometry and acoustic reflexes (they get to do them
in lab as well). Does anyone have any suggestions for low-tech hands-on
activities that the students could do in class that would illustrate
impedance, such as how increased impedance in the middle ear leads to
higher probe tone levels in the ear canal? I have some thought
experiments that I lead them through, but something tangible would be
better. On-line video demonstrations would be great too...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sarah Hargus Ferguson, Ph.D., CCC-A
Assistant Professor
Department of Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders
University of Kansas
Dole Center
1000 Sunnyside Ave., Room 3001
Lawrence, KS  66045
office: (785)864-1116
Speech Acoustics and Perception Lab: (785)864-0610
http://www.lsi.ku.edu/ipcd/FAC/Bios/FergusonBio.html