"Objective segmenting"

Dear members of the list,

some time ago a did a comparison of the F0-variation between certain sentences  uttered. When making a comparison between the stressed and the unstressed word, I  segmented them spontaneously from the sentence. Do you know, whether there are methods to segment a waveform of a spoken word (or even a vowel) from a sentence (or a word) for further analysis, so that any other person could segment this waveform exactly the same way I did ?

Thank you & all the best,

Stephen