frequency discrimination in newborns

Dear list,

I am working on a project studying frequency discrimination in newborn with
ERPs (MMN) and I?d like to ask for help with the literature regarding
newborn frequency discrimination, especially with behavioral methods. The
references I found so far (Leventhal et al. 1964, Trehub et al. 1973)
report no statistically significant frequency discrimination for tones in
newborns. But those studies are rather old. Are there more recent studies
on frequency discrimination with behavioral methods in newborns?
Thank you very much in advance for any information.

--
Nikolai Novitski, M.Sci., graduate student;
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, P.O.B. 9,