Re: Integration of ITD information

Bernhard Laback wrote:
Dear list,

Is there any evidence for integration of interaural time difference (ITD) information across frequency channels in ITD detection / discrimination tasks? More specifically, are ITD JNDs lower for a broadband stimulus compared to any narrowband stimulus within the spectral range covered by the broadband stimulus?

Of course, I assume that the overall intensity is held constant.

I would appreciate any hint,

With best regards,

Bernhard Laback

That is an interesting question. I would recommend the following papers; Anyone know of any other relevant ones?

Title: Effects of interaural frequency difference on binaural fusion evidenced by electrophysiological versus psychoacoustical measures
Author(s): Zhou JX, Durrant JD
Source: JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA 114 (3): 1508-1515 SEP 2003

Title: THE COMBINATION OF INTERAURAL INFORMATION ACROSS FREQUENCIES - LATERALIZATION ON THE BASIS OF INTERAURAL DELAY
Author(s): DYE RH
Source: JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA 88 (5): 2159-2170 NOV 1990

Sens Processes. 1976 Dec;1(2):109-26.
Critical band in auditory lateralization.
Scharf B, Florentine M, Meiselman CH.

David A Magezi BA BM BChir
PhD Student

MRC Institute of Hearing Research
University Park
Nottingham University
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
United Kingdom

T: +44 (0)115 951 8508 ext. 203
F: +44 (0)115 951 8503
E: david.magezi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings." Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791)

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.