AW: [AUDITORY] Phonetics and Phonology

Dear Tarun,

phonetics deals with the speech sounds as they are produced whereas
phonology regards the underlying structures and processes. Representatives
from both sides sometimes claim that the other area would be a part of the
own field. But in the end it is better not to ignore the other viewpoint (as
often).

Best regards
Sascha

(I am phonetitian by conviction.)